Do you remember the days when having a nifty little compartment for your microwave was considered state of the art? Nowadays, there are so many creative additions for your designer cabinets that you could spend all day in the kitchen without batting an eyelid! We have covered 7 of the most creative additions that you might be interested in for your own cabinets here:
1. Lighting This will provide you with illumination for food preparation and as a nightlight for the evenings (when the kitchen is closed). LED lights are a popular choice, as they are eco friendly and affordable.
2. Power Many homeowners are mounting outlets under their cabinets to avoid marring the pretty backsplash they have chosen. This is not a nice look if you like to keep appliances permanently plugged in, though.
3. Tablet Mount This will allow you to watch a cooking video, refer to a recipe and call your mum on Skype all whilst keeping the device away from countertop messes! You could even have a built-in charger!
4. Knife Block Whilst it should be noted that installing a knife block underneath designer cabinets is not a new addition, the slimline blocks on the market these days have made it more attractive than ever.
5. Jar Opener This is the perfect device for people who struggle to open bottles and jars, and it easily mounts underneath a cabinet! It’s perfect for elderly relatives, especially if they suffer from arthritis or other ailments.
6. Stemware Racks If you are tight on storage in your kitchen, a stemware rack will allow you to make the most of the space you do have. You also have the added bonus of ensuring that the glasses don’t tip and break.
7.Bottle Holder This is another handy storage solution, and is also a great way to display some of your wine collection. It will also keep the bottles well out of reach of nosy children and clumsy pets who could break them.
And we have only scraped the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the creative additions you could use in conjunction with your designer cabinets! Whilst some of these will need to be installed at the same time as the cabinets (such as power outlets and lighting), others can be added at a later date when you have realised that there is a need for them (such as racks and holders).